Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have not seen my husband since 2 months after we married in 1997. We have nothing together. I need a divorce?

I am told by his ex best friend that he has about 5 children with someone else... I have no Idea what state he is in or a clue in the world where he is at. I dont care where he is. I need to know if I am already divorced since its been 12 yrs or if I can get a one signature divorce. I dont remember anything about him but his name, and that he has family in Texas. THATS IT. I need advice.I have not seen my husband since 2 months after we married in 1997. We have nothing together. I need a divorce?
yeah you need a divorce, get a divorce by default. you need to feel out some papers get them from the court house. run and add in the paper for him asking for the divorce for 4 weeks in a row, you miss one week you will have to start the add over again. and after that go in front of the judge and get a divorce. it's called a divorce by default, I got one.I have not seen my husband since 2 months after we married in 1997. We have nothing together. I need a divorce?
Unless you divorce, you are still married. File it and they can process i without him if you can prove you cannot find him.








I fail to believe you know NOTHING about a man you married though, you would have more information than that on your marriage license.
You should be able to file for an uncontested pro se divorce with no problem. Check with the Clerk on what to do when it comes to abandonment. Every state is different.
Yeah, the system sucks, your still married. Until BOTH of you sign the divorce papers it's not final. There is a way that just one person can sign but you have to talk to a judge/lawyer.
Odd, very odd! Get a lawyer, let him/her figure this out. Messy!
Get a Lawyer. That would be my advice. They will sort everything out.
no-way, you must be joking.
I'd suggest you do exactly what Jessie said.





I have never been through anything like that, but my best friend got married and the guy turned out to be an abusive piece of s**t! It took her a while to leave him because she was scared to death that he'd come after her, but eventually she got a chance to leave and she took it. She hid for a while then she moved and met someone else a couple years later. Now, she has been with the other person she met (after she left her husband) for over 4 years and they are in the process of planning their wedding for May 2010. Anyway, she has tried to find her husband so she could try to get the divorce, but she can't find him. So, she's doing exactly what Jessie suggested you do. She's running the add in the paper and then getting her divorce, so you should do that and just be done with it.





Good luck! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment