Thursday, May 13, 2010

Would you still get married in a church if you both were agnostic?

And would your wedding dress still be special?Would you still get married in a church if you both were agnostic?
The dress is moot and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with your beliefs or lackthereof. I don't really get why you would marry in a church if you don't believe what the church teaches. All you would be doing is having a pretty backdrop to please family which is not what a church is for. Why not get married somewhere that has special meaning to you or that you both like? Would you still get married in a church if you both were agnostic?
I dont see why any one who was agnostic would want to be married in a church because marriage in a church is an affirmation by God of your marriage. Also in my church a couple has to talk to the preacher before the wedding to make sure they beleve in their God and are willing to follow him in their marriage. I know of no Christian priest or preacher who would marry a couple in a church otherwise.
No, because it is disrespectful to the church since the two getting married do not share the beliefs of the church. I think it's also disrespectful to the couple getting married because their ceremony is not going to be meaningful to them.





As for the dress, it'll be special to the bride if that's the type of person she is. I am not very sentimental so my wedding dress is not that special to me.
Yes. Just because someone is agnostic does NOT mean that they don't believe in God. It would be ok to get married in a non-denominational church. Being agnostic just means that you can't PROVE that there's a God, which is why you don't know whether he exists or not. Also, the wedding dress isn't fully religious.... someone who isn't religious CAN have some of the sames values as a religious person (ie, purity).
My fianc茅's an atheistic satanist and I'm what I call a ';natural spiritualist'; because I kind of just have my own beliefs that don't go with anything else.





We're having the big Christian wedding for our families. I have to just recognize--the day isn't about me. It's about making everyone else happy. The rest of my life is about me and him being together.





And I'd rather not be wearing the dress!
No I would not get married at a church if I was agnostic. Do you think Catholics should get married in a Mosque? Seems hypocritical. Would the wedding dress be special, of course. That has little to do with religious beliefs though it is commonly thought to.
Only at a Unitarian Universalist church. They're the only church I'm aware of that doesn't try to tell you what to believe in as far as God's existence, but leaves it up to the individual themselves.
We both are, but we joined and are active in a Unitarian Universalist congregation, so we did get married their. I got married in a scarlet couture wedding dress.
hello in the first place i like don't think you can like find a church to marry if either one of you isnt like a member of a church or a christian?
Maybe...if it was important to the families or you wanted to be traditional or some such.





And of course the dress would still be special. Your religion has nothing to do with the dress.
I don't think I can get married in a church. I was never christened. Maybe I'd get married on a beach.





Yes, it would be super beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment