Monday, May 10, 2010

When I get married, will bad credit on one of us hurt the other's credit worthiness?

I would like to know, if I get married and I have bad credit, will it affect my new husband's credit at all in any way? His credit is absolutly outstanding, but I had a few medical problems and got behind on a few things and now my credit is bad and I don't want to hurt his credit in any way...Thanks for the answers...When I get married, will bad credit on one of us hurt the other's credit worthiness?
Credit does not jump across the isle when you say ';I do';.


However, eventually you will show up on his credit report as ';spouse';.


The only time this may hurt you in the future is when you do a major finance like a house. It may be difficult if your credit is still bad.





JPWhen I get married, will bad credit on one of us hurt the other's credit worthiness?
No not his actual credit score... but when you go to apply for joint credit (car, home, etc) you will cause the interest rates to be higher and affect the creditors decision.





Bored at work is very wrong. You do not get a clean slate when you get married!
When my husband and I got married, I had some debt. Well, he started getting bills for my debt. We spoke with a lawyer and he said once married it is ALL marital debt, with each being responsible for self and other.
No, it will not affect. But I would suggest you to clear you bad credit. Have seen lots of people asking info on bad credits. Well, if you need to get your problem solved on%26lt;!--bad credit, you must know to how to confront it. Of course, Even if you have bad credit, you can get loans. Many factors can contribute to someone getting a ';bad credit'; rating, among these are non-payment of an account or late payments over an extended length of time. You may find a bad credit loan here,





http://badcredits.awardspace.com/





You may find want you want. You can easily be labelled as a bad credit risk by financial companies. This can make it more difficult to--%26gt;arrange loans or other finance, and usually means you will pay more interest on any loan you take out.
Hi,





No it shouldn't as your name will change to his last name so if anything it would be a good oppertunity for you to start a fresh with yours aswell.





my credit was really bad but when i got married i could get anything!





Good luck with everything


also Congrats for taking the next step
Nope, as long as he only puts his credit cards in his name only, or is the primary account holder. My husband and I had that problem, but my credit has never been bad since everything is under my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment