Thursday, May 13, 2010

Are you single, never married and dating someone who is recently divorced?

What sort of issues have you come across? Have you had problems with your lover that arises from their 'past life' of a married person? Has this created problems in your relationship? Is 'baggage' and issue? Have you felt uncomfortable trying to meet perceived expectations, especially where children are involved?





Do you sometimes feel you aren't appreciated or, rather, thought of as a surrogate?Are you single, never married and dating someone who is recently divorced?
I married a man who had been married before. This was back in 1988. Ive been with him since 1985 though. We are till together, but what I came across was having to raise stepkids, because as soon as we married, the mother handed them over to us. I came across the mother calling our house all the time, the kids causing me grief. I went thru plenty. I still go thru things I dont want to. It comes with marrying someone who had been married with kids....It was my choice and my own fault. But we have a strong marriage and have been together for 23 yrs.*Are you single, never married and dating someone who is recently divorced?
Unfortunately, (I was a skeptic), but it takes a while to let go of a long relationship. I was married for 23 years and did not even give another moment to another man. He on the other hand was seeing other women or men on the sly. Hey, I don't have a problem with that, just tell me you aren't happy so we can move in different directions.





Yes, I am still angry and it has been almost 5 years. I am only angry at the way he belittled me and had zero respect for me or any other woman. He said the only time he had respect for me was when I graduated from college. Wow, what a blow.





It takes time to finally realize he and I both have our own insecurities. His are not mine and mine are not his. The hurt of an abusive relationship seems to make the ';moving forward'; harder.





I do not think it is a good idea to be in a ';rebound'; relationship especially after years of being with one person. This is like a ';death'; and you go through the different stages of grief. For some it takes longer then others.





Hope this helps a little.





Peace.


amanda
I am not dating anyone now, really. I have a girlfriend who lives 3 hours from me, but we aren't really dating. She is divorced, but I've never had any issues with her. She does, however, sometimes confide in me that she is unable to maintain a long-term relationship with a man for more than a year or two. I've known her for about 3 years now, but ours is a relationship based on friendship without any heavy attachments. I casually dated women who were divorced who seem to dwell on their ex husbands. Usually, I loose interest fast when, on a first date, the conversation is primarily about their ex husbands. It seems to me that it is common for women who have been divorced have trouble being in the present. If they have ';baggage'; it is ok with me as long as they acknowledge it, are not focused on it. In a sense, we all have baggage and this is part of the process of human growth.





There is someone else I know. We're friends but, married or not, we both have similar baggage. It has much to do with childhood issues, but her marriage was long and abusive; ';out of the pot, into the fire.';


I felt some expectations because I am the same astrological sign as her ex. There were some projections, I feel, but the more she understands me, the less of an issue it is.





____________________


( oh well...)


--------------------


o


o


@..@


.(----)


( )--( )


o0..0o

No comments:

Post a Comment