Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should a couple get married after a year of being in a relationship?

They've been in a long distance relationship. However they see each other every month. They are very commited to each other. Both families are happy that they are together. The families met already. Oh and they are both 23 years and have carreers! What yall think?Should a couple get married after a year of being in a relationship?
my parents only knew each for three months before they got married and it was long distance...they met over the phone...and they have been together for 20 years and have 5 kidsShould a couple get married after a year of being in a relationship?
I would recommend waiting one more year. My husband and I were also in a long distance relationship and 23 years old the first year we were dating. As I recall, the relationship was still changing during the second year we were together. It was nothing too bad, but some of the excitement from when the relationship was brand new had worn off, and I missed it. There were still some moments when I was adjusting to the change and asking myself if this was the relationship I wanted. I'm glad I went through all of that before we got married.
You know its funny I knew my husband all his life but we stopped seeing each other when we were growing up he moved away and so did I but when I moved back to my lil town and so did he we reunited just as friends still as bestfriends then my senior year in high school we became a couple. And we both have carreers and we have 2 kids we been together 7 yrs. Soooooooooooo if they love each other and both families agree I would say Go 4 it!! Being in love is the best. I know I dont regret it
I think they get along so well because they don't see each other as much. They need to spend more time together before getting married. It's great that the families are so happy, get along, and everything but that doesn't mean that things will work out between the couple.





They just need to spend more time together before getting engaged.
Each couple's situation is different. there are some relationships that are so strong and have matured to the point that one year seems to be OK, but on the other hand, there are some that needs more time,more years.


Its has to feel totally right, for the both party involved. If there is a hint of doubt, or uncertainty then give it some time.
I say it can work and it can not work. For me it worked my Husband lived abroad i knew him 2 months and we get engaged then i went back, but we use to write and call each other a lot then after a year i got married to him. And we are married for almost 11 yrs. And of course you have ups %26amp; downs but that is in every relationship. Just they both have to be sure to tie the knot.
I'm for living with someone or at least seeing someone more than a few times a year or whatever it is. Long distance is cool sometimes but I mean, when you see someone every day for a year or two they can get on your nerves... do they love each other? Have they had that blowout fight yet (VERY Important)? You have to get through some hard times to know that it will work out. Don't want to be just another statistic of divorce rate right?
Well, i think they should wait a little longer cause there may be things that they dont know about each other and want like. If they know each other very well and think that they will last and be faithful to each other then i guess it will be okay.
In my opinion 1 year is too short I would see how things go for about 1-2 more years then decide on getting married





Good Luck x
I think when they are ready they will make the commitment. I wouldn't pressure them. Remember, patience is a virtue.
I think they should get married when they feel that it is right to get married.





It takes different amounts of time for different people.
if they think they are ready, then sure!


but i think before a couple gets married, they should try living together for a while. Just my opinion.
nO I THINK THEY STILL NEED MORE TIME TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER I THINK IN THE FIRST YEAR YOUR STILL GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHERS WAYS
oh no. they should def. give each other like arleast 2 more years. because in the end thier ganna end up getting a divorce.
I think that a year is too short but the way its been going lately 6months-year is very common... i perfer like 3 years or so
At least live in the same city for awhile.
my motto is... do what you do make it work for you 鈾櫕





haha
It sounds like they are ready...why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment