Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why does being married help you get more financial aid? Isn't this discrimination against single people?

I make around $12,000 a year at my crummy retail job and FAFSA won't give me any financial aid for school. My soon to be ex-wife ran up my credit cards and we are now separated. Because we are separated I can't get pell grant to go to school. Any suggestions?Why does being married help you get more financial aid? Isn't this discrimination against single people?
Anyone can get aid in the form of low interest federal student loans that do not require a cosigner or a credit check. Being separated doesn't mean that is why you were denied. Lots of folks who are separated get financial aid, including grants.





Contact the school and let them know you do want this form of financial aid. They will give you some paperwork to fill out.Why does being married help you get more financial aid? Isn't this discrimination against single people?
you must make more than 12k.





I know people making more than that and they get a good amount. take a loan dont relay on FAFSA, eventually it will pay for itself!


thats what I did, now I make a good living,

No comments:

Post a Comment