Monday, May 10, 2010

How would you answer this job inteview question: ';Are you married?'; See below.?

I am over 35, not married bc I haven't found the right woman yet. I did propose once and was turned down. I want to convey to the interviewer that I am not gay, just not married. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated. Thanks.How would you answer this job inteview question: ';Are you married?'; See below.?
not yet but lookingHow would you answer this job inteview question: ';Are you married?'; See below.?
Despite that it's an illegal question, i think that if you answer by '; it's not illegal question or by saying anything that shows your tension or unpleasant could give the interviewer an impression that you are a nervous person who is uneasy to talk and to deal with .


so, you could answer him by'; actually, i concentrated from the beginning on my job , to build my career and to improve my skills, and it was so hard to find a woman that accepts being number 2 or 3 in my life , in addition, i wouldn't be fair with her and with my children,because the family wasn't in my periority as building my career to be the person that i want . anyway, i think that now it's the right time for having a family after acheiving the success in my job.
They can not ask you this question during a job interview because it is not relevant to the position. If they ask you this and you say yes or no and they do not give you the position then they could be charged with discrimination based on your life style choice. That would be the same as them asking if you are pregnant, have children, are jewish, ect....





You could answer the question, and then charge them with discrimination, or you could ask them why it is relevant and explain that legally they are not permitted to ask this question. If you go with the second they will probably not give you the job either so it is double edged.
Strange question to ask. I interview people on a regular basis and would never imagine asking such a question. It means nothing, it鈥檚 small talk. I imagine they want to know if you have a family. This question can go two ways, if your job requires allot of Travel, a single man is a great candidate, more so than a man with a wife and children. If your job does not require traveling, they may be looking for stability. If you we鈥檙e a woman, they may be worried that you will need to take too much time off for your children. Depending on the case and type of job you are looking at, you will need to answer correctly.





Illegal or not, if asked you need to answer it. In this case tell them the truth. You are a single man, it鈥檚 not easy to find a great woman especially when you take your work so seriously. You don鈥檛 have much time to meet woman and have yet been lucky enough to meet Mrs. Right. Besides, you鈥檙e still young!





Cheers,





Eric Belec
It is illegal for that question to be asked. If asked rather than inform the interviewer that you aren't going to answer that question because it is illegal you could put it as , I don't feel this question has any bearing on my ability to preform my job duties
I would ask them if they are aware that the question is probably illegal, thank them for their time, and leave...do you really want to work for a company that would waste valuable interview time (yours %26amp; theirs) asking such an inane and irrelevant question?*
I would ask how that answer will help them determine whether or not I'm the right candidate.





And then if they continue to ask--I'd say I'd prefer not to answer





and then stop talking as it's not any of their business how I am and it's against the law for them to ask
Lots of people are unmarried and choose to be. I am 23 and never want to be married. That's not because I'm gay. And even if I was, it would not prevent me from doing the job which is the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment