Monday, May 10, 2010

Can I get married in NY while I am pending final divorce from previous marriage?

I have filed for a uncontested divorce and nothing is being claimed from the previous marriage and I am trying to get married but the divorce is not final can I still get married in the State of New York in a different county. I am trying to make sure that both my fiance and my son have the benefits before I go back overseas. PLEASE HELP!Can I get married in NY while I am pending final divorce from previous marriage?
No you have to be divorced anywhere before you can remarry anyone!!!Can I get married in NY while I am pending final divorce from previous marriage?
The only thing that you can do is to go see the judge and ask for immediate action and tell him/her why. Since it is uncontested, the judge may do it immediately. You MUST wait, as if you get married before the judge signs the papers to make you divorced, you will be guilty of polygamy which is a crime, and will nullify your second marriage.





Good luck.





Regards,


Dan
What you are wanting to do is against the law and could get you in trouble. You can't be legally married again until you have got the final divorce papers. It would be stated in your final divorce papers that you can remarry again.That is what was stated in my final divorce papers.
You need to be divorced before you can be legally married again.
no


your first marriage needs to be legally terminated before you can remarry

No comments:

Post a Comment