Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do u think of a White guy and Black Girl married?

this whole thing with social acceptance of interracial couples is confusing me. I want to write a paper on it in my sociology class, what do you think of a black girl and a white male getting married? is it wierd? is it unlikely? or do you think its just fine.


What do u think of a White guy and Black Girl married?
The color of your skin shouldn't matter at all in determining who you marry. I could care less about a black guy and white girl (or vice versa). I'm a black guy who prefers asians and latin women. So, I'm all for the interracial.





I don't think you're going to find anyone with an IQ greater than average who will care. What do u think of a White guy and Black Girl married?
It is accepted more when the woman is white and the man is of another race. I'm not sure why that is, but it is true.


I have no problem with interracial marriage, as I am in an interracial marriage and many of my friends are, too.


It isn't always easy, though. It is kind of hard being the only white person in gatherings, which happens fairly a lot. Also, the cultural differences are sometimes a problem, and it is generally me who does the changing or adapting.


Also, when your kid is proud about how people don't think she is white, that kind of hurts, she didn't realize how that might sound to her mom.


But the main important thing is your values, your faith, your goals, and of course your educational level. It is also true that children of interracial families do very well academically compared to single race kids. Probably because their parents are more open minded and educated? IDK
The problem is culture. I do know white men/black women who did marry. Some are very happy but others are not. Black women and men tend to be more black cultured. Including food preference and music tastes. White women and men tend to have more in common.


The couples I know whom are happy have been North American raised and grew up without racial motivated tension. It is very likely and acceptable by most folks, white or black, with some exceptions. The background of their life as children will decide whether the marriage will be successfull or not.
I think the whole interracial thing works one of 2 ways, at least from what I have seen. 1: STUPID!! black person /white person get hitched for the excitement/ social drama, then find out in the end( much like same race couples) that it wasn't everything they thought it was.2 Or, God knows , there are some forms of intelligent life of different cultures/ skin colors that they acknowledge the physical differences, AND have a strong spiritual bond between them. An added asset is family support and acceptance from both sides.In the end ,I have no objection to interracial marriages done well. It sure as hell merits more blessings than same sex marriages, that do absolutely nothing for our world except add confusion and certainly no redemption.
I find that it's perfectly ok. But that is definitely a matter of an opinion. There naturally are people who, unfortunately, would find that thought as repulsive and completely out of the question. I think that it doesn't matter what you look like or even age because that's not what makes you happy. It's the person. In the end last I checked were all humans. But with an interracial couple there are many challenges that some might find to hard to go through, which could be why it's unlikely, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen and shouldn't happen. good luck with your paper.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.





Mine, personally, is that you should be able to marry anyone you fall in love with, despite gender or color of your skin.





You should make it clear on your paper that everyone has their own opnion on subjects such as this.





Maybe you can find some other polls over the internet to add to your paper. Do a google search. ';The percent of white guys attracted to black women in New York City'; and compare it the percent over some small town.
That is fine since they are both of the same species, which is Homo sapiens. If they marry for love, not for any other reason, then the union is acceptable and admirable. Not all people could look past the racial thing. Others find it repulsive or degrading.





However, they should look at their compatibility since a person of a different race or ethical background has different beliefs and practices. They must be certain they could accept and tolerate these.





Another thing to consider is their religious preference, but that's solely another topic to discuss.
Honestly, I think that anyone should be able to get married and not have to worry about social acceptance. It is pathetic that a happy married couple can't walk the streets of a city together, or go out to eat without being stared at or talked about behind there backs. Love is love, and that's just that. Nobody can control love. It is not weird at all, that marriage would be completely fine.
Well it depends I know a lot of mature black men, but the black men that fit horrible stereotypes and are gangster , and all that BS make me sick when I see them with some white blond chick. I mean come on we all know that she is turned onto that sort of thing....and that its prob just an immature, stupid relationship.





Same goes for white people that want to be that sort of black.





I know many wonderful black people though, and I love them.








I also thought it was sexy for a black girl to marry a white guy , if I was the white guy. I have a thing for mulatto .






Unlikely...it only happens the other way around. Social acceptance determines what match ups occur and in what frequency. The more socially acceptable your partnership is, the more likely your offspring will be accepted. Everything in life is dictated by our survival and replication instincts.
The only problem I would see with marrying someone of a different race is if they have a different values system. Do they believe what you believe? Sometimes, depending on culture, people think differently about things. I don't think there is anything wrong with marrying a person of a different race; just make sure you are unified in what you believe so that your marriage will stay strong.
I think it's totally awesome, because not that long ago we had slavery, and interracial marriages are a huge leap forward in getting rid of the ridiculous prejudice that still exists today. It's not weird, but it is kind of unlikely, at least where I live. Still, I think it's awesome. :)
I think it is fine, not accepted of course, but I think its like questioning whether or not a gay couple should be married- if they are in love, why keep it from happening? I am straight, but I think people should allow things like that to happen just like two Caucasian people marrying.
I'm perfectly fine with interracial marriages since I have nothing against them whatsoever but I did received some comments on Youtube saying that Asians copy this copy that and make us sound really bad when we really aren't...I have nothing against Americans or Caucasians but I do receive this kind of thing for no reason...





My stand?If they're happy together I don't see the reason why they shouldn't get married...
If you desperately love the person and want to spend your entire life making them happy and will forsake all others and stand by the person side, go to it. To each his own. As for me, I have to be with my own race for marriage. If I was black, I would want a black mate.
I think it's great that two cultures can mingle like that. There's always difficulties with marriage, and even greater difficulties when the marriage is with people from different backgrounds, so I think it's an awesome thing that they can overcome.


:)
i think its fine. i'm black and if i met a white man i really loved, i wouldn't hesitate to marry him. i don't kno why people care about interracial marriage anyway. its none of their business.
I have no opinion. Its whatever. nowadays.








Make your paper more interesting and write about Amendment 8. and Gay marriages



Love the whole concept of interracial relationships...the mix definetely adds more variety( offsprings turn out so unique); the color of one's skin is irrevelant to love.
here how bout this....date whoever the hell you want....love whoever the hell you want....marry whoever the hell you want.....white/black/asian/brown......we are all part of the human race......and were all people...this is 2008....
I think it is 100% okay. It isn't very rare either I see it a lot actually. I really don't see the big deal it is just skin.
Nothing wrong with it at all:) a persons religion, race, colour doesn't matter at all, the only thing that is important is if you love them:)
im bi-racial. i never look at color, becausee i think for human kind to be so dammed advanced and smart we shore do alot of dumb **** that makes no sense, ergo racism. we all bleed red blood we all fall in love
Well in the area I live in it's completly accepted. Almost everyone is mixed raced so no one really cares and treat them like everyone else
if they like each other there is nothing wrong with it. obama just got elected president. racism is almost over.
It's a beautiful thing and totally fine!
It's totally cool.


No matter what race you are. yellow black whit green pink.


Unless you love that person, thats all that counts.
I think it's fine. The colour of your skin is irrelevant; its all scientific. Love is love.
I see absolutely no problem whatsoever.
I'm old school so the answer is not acceptable, its not acceptable for a black guy and white girl either. Anyone ever read the Bible? God made different races for a reason and I don't believe it was for them to intermingle with each other, to create a whole new race of mixed breeds who basically don't know what to call themselves except for other.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN INTERRACIAL ELDERLY COUPLE - THE MIX RACE ALWAYS BREAK UP AFTER A WHILE

No comments:

Post a Comment