Tuesday, May 11, 2010

When you get married do you start to care less about yourself?

im just wondering because i have a lot of goals in life and i don't want to loose my motivation because i care more for someone else then my own self.When you get married do you start to care less about yourself?
No, its normally the other way around. You remain being centered on yourself and neglecting or forgeting about your spouse. It probably goes away after six months, thats how long it took me to realize us instead of just me, but it gets better with time, (us) by six months probably will be second nature. To make things sweeter though, make sure your wife or wife to be is also your best friend, It helped out when it comes to understanding one another, but it is very important to stick to your personal goals because if not, you will just blame your spouse for all of your shortcoming; trust me, I know from personal experience. You're welcome, remember what I said man, lata.When you get married do you start to care less about yourself?
Being married won't make you abandon all of your goals! It does mean that you'll be considering someone else's feelings and opinions along the way, and you'll work on compromising, but it won't make you abandon your goals because you suddenly don't care.





Marriage usually makes folks care about making their spouse happy, and can put their own preferences aside for them (i.e. he wants pizza, I want chinese takeout, but I want to make him happy, so we get pizza). It's usually pretty small stuff. As long as you are up-front about your goals when you start relationships, I doubt that anyone would ask you to change or abandon those goals, because love isn't about getting your own way, and it is about supporting the person you love in achieving their goals. I wasn't crazy about my husband joining the Air Force, but I supported him, and I don't regret it for one minute, because he is loving it! :)
You can be married and not loose your motivation. Your future spouse I assume finds these goals interesting and maybe inspiring, these are qualities we see in people we care for. Then again you can always ask if they support your goals all the way, if it is a kind of answer, work it out before you tie the knot, other wise complcations may arrise later leaving all concerned upset and unhappy.
the motivation increases because now you have a bigger reason to achieve you gaols ,they will share the ups and downs with you and Support you throw all the hard work what better way to to Enjoy your self when you make it ,is to share it with someone that was with you when you started .
No, not neccesarily..you just have to remember to take your spouses feelings and motivations and goals into consideration too as they should do the same for you.





If you marry the right person, your spouse will motivate you to reach your goals instead of burden you. Your spouse will support your decisions, unless of course the goals and decisions you have set are detrimental to your marriage.
No way. My hubby and I are in better shape now then when we were dating! Being married ought to give you more motivation to take care of yourself, because your partner is relying on you to be there.
when you find someone you love, you will have motivation to care more about yourself and your love one. there's more reasons to live.
Not really not until the kids come along anyway.
Well sort of but not really i put my family's best interest above my own wants and desires and if you can't be that unselfish then marriage might not be your can of corn.
If kids are involved you will lose yourself but i wouldn't have it any other way now that i have them
You begin to care even more about your goals and your better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment