Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If you're married and your spouse dies and then you get remarried, who do you get buried next to?

and we'll say you don't have kids with either and you were married to the first for 20 years and the second for 20 year to make it even.If you're married and your spouse dies and then you get remarried, who do you get buried next to?
I plan on being cremated...but if I had to be buried, it would be next to the one who I felt I should be next to. I would think anyone in a situation like that would innately know who that person would be.If you're married and your spouse dies and then you get remarried, who do you get buried next to?
you get buried next to the one you want to be buried next to..there really is no ';rule'; to this.





I personally will be cremated...if my child is still a minor 1/2 of my ashes will go to his father to hold on to until my child is of age and maturity to decide if he wants to keep them or scatter them...the other half will be scattered at the Pacific Ocean or placed in a niche at the local cemetery so any of my loved ones can visit..that is the one set back with most cremations is that the ashes are kept in one location or scattered and not in an open place for others to memorialize. If the current spouse doesn't have an issue with it you could always bury them next to the first wife then when you kick it get cremated and be buried in between them having your name added to the stone or add a stone between them with your name on it!





my father was cremated and my mother wants to be buried...when she passes she will be buried at the national cemetery and my dads ashes will be placed in the casket with her and both of their names will be on the headstone.





I guess some would say you should be buried with the one you had children with...but what if you had children with both? I know that when my grandma died in 1968 my granddad bought two plots...well he remarried in 1972...my step grandma died and she was buried with her first husband/father of her children and when my granddad died he was buried with my grandma...I guess there is not rule just a matter of preference...I suppose they both could have changed the arrangement but I think with the era they both were from this is what was ';expected'; of them.
Buck the system, save the environment, and get cremated. That way you eliminate any possibility for hard feelings, and save the ground for more productive use than storing dead bodies.
That's a very difficult question. I read through the answers and I would have to say the cremated idea is prob the easiest way out. It also comes down to individual situations though.
Neither, just get cremated and have your ashes put in a box so your kids can put the box on the fireplace mantle.
This is such a depressing subject....





But if I ever got married and lost my husband, I don't think I would be able to get over it. So the first one.
why should I care, I'll be dead





the body is just a vessel and no one is aware who is buried next to them anyway
Next to whoever you specify in your will.
whoever you bought the joint burial plot with. and odds are you wont buy two.
get buried beside the one you loved the most.
the most recent spouse or the one that you had children with. it's up to you.
I honestly, would not care. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment