Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will I still be eligible to stay on my fathers health insurance if I get married but remain a fulltime student?

I am a 23yr old full-time student and right now I am on my father's health insurance still because of my student status. What I am wondering is if I get married and my last name changes, will I still be able to stay on my father's health insurance because I am still a full time student? Thanks for your help guys!Will I still be eligible to stay on my fathers health insurance if I get married but remain a fulltime student?
Been there. I lost coverage when I married my husband at 21 even though I was in graduate school. It may vary by policy or over time (this was a number of years ago) but I was no longer considered a dependent and my parent's health insurance wouldn't cover me anymore. It wasn't a big deal...colleges deal with it all the time and offer low cost insurance policies for all students. Most colleges actually require students to have proof of insurance.





My niece is an unmarried 24 year old student and my sister's health policy has stopped covering her. Her policy stops coverage of children in any situation once they hit 24. Her job doesn't offer insurance, so she too carries a policy she got through her school.Will I still be eligible to stay on my fathers health insurance if I get married but remain a fulltime student?
No. You need to be your father's dependent in order for him to carry you on his policy. Once you're married, you're independent.





If your husband has medical insurance, he can add you as a spouse once you're married. If he doesn't have insurance, then one or the other of you really needs to find a job that provides benefits!
Unfortunately no. But you can buy yourself another health insurance policy. Read the terms and conditions of that policy and discuss with your insurance agent.





http://www.autoinsureusa.info/
Get as much resource as you can maybe is one option,however it could be quite time consuming,here





http://www.HealthInsuranceFree.info





is one resource i have had good experience.
No, you would no longer be considered a dependent of your father's, you'd be considered your husband's dependent.
Sorry but no. Once you are married, you are no longer a dependent of your parents.
I doubt that very much. This should now be the responsibilty of yourself and your hubby. You could stay a full time student till you are 90.
no

No comments:

Post a Comment