Saturday, January 23, 2010

Single mom vs married-how will it affect my tax refund?

Last year when I filed taxes it was as a single mom with a 1 child who was head of household and had daycare expensed to claim. I received almost $4000 in taxes back. This year I got married and I was wondering how much that is going to affect how much I get back for taxes? We have to file married filing jointly%26gt; THanks so much for any help!Single mom vs married-how will it affect my tax refund?
It could change your refund a lot, depending on how much your spouse makes.





You aren't required to file a joint return, but if you file as married filing separately, your only other legal option, you can't take EIC, child care credit, or several other tax benefits.Single mom vs married-how will it affect my tax refund?
It will all depend on how much income your spouse earns. If it is low enough, you may still qualify for the earned income credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment