Saturday, January 23, 2010

Should I send wedding invitations to my US friends even though I'm getting married in Ecuador?

I'm getting married to my fianc茅 in her home country of Ecuador. It's an expensive trip, especially air fare. Should I send invitations to my US friends even though I know they can't make it?Should I send wedding invitations to my US friends even though I'm getting married in Ecuador?
Yes. I sent my aunts, uncle, and cousins wedding invitations to my wedding, and they live in Germany. I knew full well that they wouldn't be able to make it, but they were very honored to have been invited.





Do have an RSVP date. My relatives on my mom's side in Germany sent a letter back telling me how honored they were to be invited, but couldn't make it. They even sent some cash, although I never expected them to.Should I send wedding invitations to my US friends even though I'm getting married in Ecuador?
Personally, I think I probably would go ahead and send the invites and make sure to verbally tell my friends, ';I really don't expect you to come due to the expense, and I don't want a gift but wanted you to know how special you are to me and that if the wedding were down the street, I'd want you there.';





On the one hand it can be viewed as fishing for gifts, but on the other, it can let them know they are special to you and you'd want them there if it wasn't for the cost and distance.
don't assume they can't make it! if you don't invite them they'll think it's because you snubbed them or you don't think they're close enough! ANY person who you truly want at your wedding, you should of course invite them. let them decide for themselves whether or not they can afford time off work, airfare, hotel, gifts etc. if they can't, they'll just kindly send a gift and rsvp that they can't come but at least they feel good for being invited.
No. Proper etiquette is to send them announcements so that they won't feel obligated to send a gift.
send them invitations they r your friend
send them one!! If they cant come it seems like you understand. So that way they know you thought of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment