Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is it appropriate to buy a married friend a dress?

I take a friend to plays and operas on a regular basis. She is married and has kids, but she goes with me because her husband will only do “man” things and I like taking her. I would like to buy her a dress because she doesn’t have money to buy a new one and sheIs it appropriate to buy a married friend a dress?
Not unless it was her birthday or christmas and you usually exchange gifts.Is it appropriate to buy a married friend a dress?
If you are a man, I would say it is not appropriate. I don't think her husband would appreciate it. She should borrow a dress from a friend or check at second hand stores to find one. Sometimes you will see places do a special formal wear resale type thing . . .keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment