Saturday, January 23, 2010

What percentage of californians can't get married because they're gay?

I have to write a two page essay on the topic of legalizing same-sex marriage. For my introduction grabber, I'd like to use the percentage of californians who can't get married because of Prop 8.





I really can't seem to find it anywhere.





Can someone please help me?What percentage of californians can't get married because they're gay?
It is generally accepted that about ten percent of any given population is gay. It's not safe to assume that all of them want to get married, but in a sense they are all affected by the ban.What percentage of californians can't get married because they're gay?
There are 18,000 couples(?) that are affected by Prop 8. It's either couples or people, I'm not sure, but the number should be correct.





Edit: It is couples. I guess you'd divide that by California's population to get the percentage.





18,000/33,871,648 = 5%
I don't know. Sorry.





But I cried because of Prop 8. The only light is that they're not nullifying current gay marriages like they did to Rosie.
100% can't get married to the same sex. .. any Californian gay or not is free to marry the opposite sex, therefore nobody is being discriminated against.
I don't know either but I also cried over prop 8 and I am 16 no where near marriage lol! It was a bitter sweet day! Barack Obama winning :) Prop 8 passing :(
0% cuz they passed that law so that same sex can get married
You should mention how much money was wasted on by people supporting Prop 8, $80 million. Can you believe that? Yet they complain they cant pay their bills, and their losing their homes. Idiots.
Whitney's a hardcore lesbian.








Prop 8 is unconstitutional!
not to be wise but pretty sure that would be 100% about now cp in ct
no sure but alot
thank god for prop 8. now you gays cant get married ahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment