Thursday, January 21, 2010

My partner and I are planning a trip to San Fran to get married in city hall. What will we need with us?

Has anyone done this yet? do we need out drivers license and birth certicates? Should we make planes in advance with San Frans city hall? We are from Detroit so getting to california not easy, so I want to have everything in order. Thanks for any help you could give us.My partner and I are planning a trip to San Fran to get married in city hall. What will we need with us?
you need your ss cards and birth cert. if either one of you ever been married before you need to bring divorce papersMy partner and I are planning a trip to San Fran to get married in city hall. What will we need with us?
Because of the thousands of people getting married now in SF(gay marriage), I would bring both your birth certificates and your driving license. I would also give SF city hall a call about having to schedule your marriage ceremony. From what I understand, they have been swamped, but have many more people hired to handle everything. I would not want to go all the way to SF without every detail pre arranged. I'm sure you know how non gay couples, especially females, have to plan every detail of their wedding, so if I was you, I would not take anything to chance.
You need proof of identity and age; a driver's license will provide both. If either of you has been married before, you need proof of the divorce.





Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. If you have an appointment for the ceremony, you must be sure to have an appointment to obtain the license no later than 30 minutes prior to your appointment date. For example, if your marriage ceremony appointment is for Monday at 10:00 a.m., you must have a marriage license appointment no later than 9:30 a.m. on that same day.





You can do that here:


https://services.sfgov.org/ceremony/intr鈥?/a>
Have u book any hotel and flight ticket yet? If not, here are some tips can teach u how to pay 3 star prices to stay in 5 star hotel and pay economy price to sit in 1st class seats. I saved $300 for my flight from New York to San Fran.


http://tinyurl.com/5jtux9
I think I would bring it all just in case - but I think all you will need is your driver licenses.
bring it all in case, safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment