Saturday, January 23, 2010

I was already registered to vote but then I got married and my name changed. Do I need to reregister?

I was already registered from last election but do I need to do anything now that my name has changed?I was already registered to vote but then I got married and my name changed. Do I need to reregister?
I doubt you can reregister this close to the election in most states (there are a couple of exceptions). When you change your driver's license you can reregister then. If you havent changed your driver's license yet, then you can vote with out problem. If your ID has been changed, you might be asked to fill out an affidavit or vote on a provisional ballot. Different states have different rules, but usually women who have recently married usually can vote with no problem. Bring supporting info just in case. And check with your local county clerk or election board to find out for sure.I was already registered to vote but then I got married and my name changed. Do I need to reregister?
You may need to reregister under your new name. I moved this year and had to reregister with my new address. If you go to your secretary of state website, it should have all the voter info you need. however, if you do need to reregister, I'm afraid it's too late in most states.
When I had a different last name they still let me vote 2 years ago when I forgot to re-register.





You should register under your correct name, but it's probably too late now. Take an official copy of your marriage certificate along with your ID with you to the polls.
If you have a current I.D. with your maiden name I don't think you have anything to worry about (assuming your maiden name is the name you're registered under).





Still for the next election you should all that sorted out.
If the name on your drivers license doesn't match voter registration records you won't be allowed. Contrary to conservative propoganda they run a pretty tight ship down at the polling place.
Vote under your old name as long as you have an I.D. But, after the election, I'd reregister.
Eventually, yes. For the present, vote using your maiden name.
Keep your name until after the election
Yeah the way things have been going, better safe than sorry.
When I vote they never ask me for an ID.
No, because you have the same social security number. Bring that as a form of ID.
yes.





but it might be too late for this election, depending on what state you're in.
  • cosmetics company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment