Saturday, December 26, 2009

What type of wedding will a muslim and christian have if they were going to get married?

So I was wondering im a muslim male and Im attracted to white christian girls so if I wanted to get married to one what type of wedding would I have to have? would I HAVE to change her religion ?What type of wedding will a muslim and christian have if they were going to get married?
Hi Omar,





First of all, Nora is wrong. I'm Christian and I'm going to be marrying a Syrian Muslim boy I met in the US in college soon (in shah allah!!). We've been together for 5 years and I'm still a practicing Christian. I have also learned Arabic to be able to speak with his family.





We are having one wedding in the US for my family and one in Syria for his family. I am not converting because I don't have to. If you have to convert to be able to marry someone, in my opinion it's wrong and only produces someone who doesn't really believe the ';new'; faith because they didn't convert on their own conscience....they were forced or they couldn't marry.





I do suggest the two-wedding affair because it makes everyone happy on both sides. Yes, it will be a little expensive, but when the time comes, you get creative.





So Omar, you be attracted to white, Christian girls. As long as your family is OK with it and hers, there's no problem. Just don't expect them to understand your culture right away. It does take time. good luck!!





Oh and btw...I'm pretty sure you can do both ceremonies because I've seen with my own eyes where a Muslim man married a Hindu girl and they had a wedding for both families, then she converted to Islam. Even though she converted, she had to have the Hindu wedding or else neither her family nor the government in India would have considered them married. (from what I was told)What type of wedding will a muslim and christian have if they were going to get married?
The Quran says you're allowed to marry Christians and Jews, it's in verse 5:5. There was at least one other verse that said the same I'm sure, but I can't find it (I think it was in Surah el-Baqara...or one of the first 4 surahs)





It certainly doesn't mention anything about conversion, only implies that you must treat them fairly.





The question is whether your family would accept it, as these days Islam is more about culture and tradition and identity, as opposed to the religion itself, people don't always want to agree with what the Quran says when it conflicts with tradition. It really depends on your family.





And if your reffering to what type of wedding ceremony, that's more of a personal thing. There isn't really any ';muslim wedding ceremony'; its more cultural in the muslim world, so you could have one according to your culture, or hers (I'm not sure about restrictions on a Christian wedding ceremony), or just have a civil wedding and get married by a judge.
God says for couple to be in about the same place in their walk with Him. If the Christian is nonpracticing or extremely understanding no you would not have to change. But if she is a practicing Christian and does as God commands than yes you would have to change or she would have to change. However she would still be a Christian because once you are in God's hands no one can take her out of His hands.
yes
  • refill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment