Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it against the Law to sign my single name on a Legal Document, when my married name is different?

Is it against the Law to sign my single name on a title deed/Legal Document, when my married name is different?





Will this document be classed as legal?Is it against the Law to sign my single name on a Legal Document, when my married name is different?
You can have aliases and the law recognizes more than one name to any person !!Is it against the Law to sign my single name on a Legal Document, when my married name is different?
By law, in all states, marriage does not forcibly change a woman's or a man's name. That is an old custom, not a law. Most states have a law that allows a woman to use both maiden and/or married name, as long as she does not do it to defraud. In credit practice most married women who established credit in their maiden name share that credit history for their married name.





While not a political statement, I have always found the name Hillary Rodam Clinton to be the best solution to the naming problem.
You have changed your name, so you are no longer the old name. However, the document will still be legal because you are now Jane Smith AKA Jane Doe.





You should use your new name all the time, but you can still use the old name if you forget or don't have ID with your new name...

No comments:

Post a Comment